Wednesday, January 18, 2012

*REVIEW* L'Oreal Eyeliners

I watched a makeup tutorial on YouTube that made me go directly to my local drugstore and buy two L'Oreal eyeliners. I absolutely LOVE L'Oreal and these liners just made me all the more faithful to the brand. Let me tell you about them!

L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner (645-Black)
Retails for $8.99

Now, as you can see on the packaging, this eyeliner is Kajal inspired. And from what I've heard it is a dupe for the kajal liner made by the stila brand. I tried this out as soon as I got it home on one eye. It is excellent for that smokey eye look!! It's pigmentation is very good...and because it's so chunky (think of those big, fat pencils little kids get in school when they're learning how to write and you'll get an idea of the thickness of this pencil liner) you don't have to just use the tip of the liner for application. You can turn it on it side and use the side of the liner tip to do some shading, contouring or just for a thicker line at your lashline. I applied this to my upper lashline and then added a good bit more to my outer "v" and making small circular motions with my blending brush I achieved an AMAZING smokey eye. I also am very pleased with how well this liner stayed put when I applied it to my tightline and waterline. The bonus jumbo pencil sharpener that comes with the liner is great too! Always good to have an extra sharpener in your kit. I am really very pleased with this purchase. i just may go back and get more of this liner in the gray and brown shade.

L'Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner (799-Carbon Black)
Retails for $7.99
L'Oreal Extra Intense Eyeliner - Carbon Black.Opens in a new window
This eyeliner is the "holy grail" of all eyeliners in my opinion. I seriously doubt that I will EVER use another brand or type of eyeliner other than this one!! It's been a long, long time since a product has utterly amazed me...until now! Ok, on one end of the liner you have the pencil. It's not an automatic pencil so you will need a sharpener. On the other end of the liner you have a smudger. Even that smudger is awesome! It's not just the regular old conical shaped ones you're used to seeing on the end of an eyeliner. No, this smudger is strongly made. It's a very firm foam material. And it's chiseled...it has two chiseled angles with which to smudge your liner. It's soft to the touch and doesn't tug at your eye during use. Now, on to the actual product within this pencil. This thing is so very intensely pigmented...it's insane!! You barely have to touch it to your eye and it deposits color. It has a VERY smooth and creamy consistency...almost like it's half melted...it's just like a liquid but still in pencil form. I lined my upper lashes with this product in one single motion...no tugging, no making little motions to get the color deposited right! I cannot stop telling friends about this liner....it is without a doubt the BEST eyeliner I have come across in a long, long time. I like it even more than my Lineur Intense liquid liner!!!! I very, very, very highly recommend this product!! I really hope this stays on the market for quite a long time....but just in case, I'm going back and getting a few more as backups!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete